Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to Merry Olde England...

In the spirit of discussing something other than my housing issues, by now well known, I've decided today to talk about the perfectly marvelous time we had Saturday at the Minnesota Renaissance Faire.

I love this experience, which lets participants pretend to be in a 15th century market town on market day, with wares, food and entertainment. On Saturday, we met my sister and  her family, who also brought along our brother's daughter, to make merry at the market for the day.

The minute we arrive, costumed folks greet us; as we approach the gate of the festival, well-wishers, already merry with ale at 9 a.m., wave from the balcony. "Good morrow! Good morrow!" calls mix with casual insults and bawdy humor. The scent of richly roasted turkey wafts through air thick with woodsmoke and magic.


1 comment:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Pictures! Pictures! How fun! I am glad you got to go!