Friday, January 22, 2010

Thinking of You...

I was sitting down to do some basic correspondence today, when I realized I was fresh out of "Thinking of you ..." kinds of cards. So I created this one:


This is primarily a punch and die-cut card, with just one stamp set--Fundamental Phrases--used. One of the things I love about being a demonstrator is the freedom it gives me to have all these lovely tools in my tool box whenever I want to play!

Tools used: Circle punch, Circle Scallop punch, Modern Label punch, Embosslits Fluttering Wings die for Big Shot, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Cardstocks: Whisper White (base and tag), Very Vanilla (butterfly), Green Galore (Grass and stems), and InColor colors Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Soft Suede.

I used a faux suede technique to make these fluffy sunflowers. I punched out the circles and circle scallops, then spent some time with my bone folder "stripping" the fibers of the card stock (much like you would to make a curly ribbon with scissors). I carefully peeled the card stock apart, so I got two circles from each punched circle. The interior side is fuzzy, like suede. Scrunch it up, and you get even fluffier flowers. But I liked this simple look.

Don't forget to register for the Valentine Stamp Camp, coming soon!

No comments: