Monday, April 6, 2009

The Mini-Cookbook!

I've been working with my "From the Kitchen" stamp set to find just the right make and take project for my April Open House. I think I've found it! It's a mini cookbook, perfect to use as a shower or Christmas gift, attached to an edible item for which the recipe is included in the book.

It's also super simple.

1. Stamp the big recipe card stamp in basic black on 3X5, unlined index cards.
2. Using a different color of your choice, stamp the "yummy scale" stamp in the upper left hand corner of the card.
3. Cut two pieces of 3 1/4 by 5 1/4 cardstock, colors of your choice.
4. On the first piece of card stock, layer it in your favorite colors and stamp it with the category stamp in the set. If your recipes are desserts, for example, stamp it with the dessert stamp and color it.
5. Stamp the back of the second piece of cardstock with "From the Kitchen of" stamp, and sign it.
6. Stack your cards together with the card stock, using the first piece as a front cover and the second piece of card stock as the back.
7. Punch through the cards in the upper left hand corner.
8. Use a brad to bind them together.
9. Write in your recipes!

The brad allows you to fan out the cards, so that when you're cooking, you can simply fan out the one you want to look at and put the others away under their protective card stock covers.

Cool, or what? I plan to use this at the holidays to accompany my treat baskets.

When I get pics going, I'll post 'em.