Friday, April 17, 2009

Options with Define Your LIfe ...

I finally got a clue and started using my scanner to get images of the cards and items I've been making.One of the fun things I've been working with are small note pads, using a Wal-Mart Mainstay acrylic picture frame, post-it notes, and a background paper with stamped goodies to make door prizes for upcoming events.

The finished project is really cute, and I've been playing with my new favorite sets: Eastern Blooms and Define Your Life.

One example:



And another:


I'm using a technique here where I randomly stamp a piece of Whisper White card stock in coordinating colors and texts, then I use it as a background for layering the coordinating colored card stock and stamped images. They've turned out pretty cool. Like this card, which I made for our dean, who's retiring after more than 30 years in her post:




I also thought you might be interested in the Harmony's House signature card layout:


And, finally, a variation on that card that we'll make at the April 26 open house:
These were made with Caramel Cream card stock, Caramel Cream ink on Very Vanilla card stock, the Garden Whimsy stamp set, and Apricot Appeal Pattern Paper, cut into a strip and crimped, as a background. 

The Harmony's House signature stamp comes from a stamp set called Happy Harmony, which is a limited edition and/or hostess set.

Enjoy!

Amy