Thursday, April 2, 2009

Playing with Boxes and Baskets

I have probably been having way too much fun this week with my stamps and papers, building samples for future workshops. As soon as I get batteries for my camera, I'll take some pics of my favorites.

One of my current hot items is my crimper, simple piece of machinery that transforms any paper into a wrinkled, corrugated-style ribbon that adds texture and interest to virtually any project. I made some fun cards with a crimped ribbon of contrasting color across the front, layered with sayings and pictures. They turned out really nicely.

I've also been playing with box templates, available from the demonstrator's portion of the Stampin' Up! site, and when I started digging through my big box of paper, I found an entire manila envelope full of old box templates that played with years ago. I've been having a great time making new boxes and baskets of different styles out of paper. I think my favorite is a cone-shaped basket with a handle, perfect for hanging over doorknobs for May Day (May First!).

Surf over to check out my new web site just for Stampin' Up!: http://harmonyshouse.stampinup.net . You can browse catalogs, look at projects, and order right on-site.

Happy stamping!