Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Working on Samples ...

My first open house is on Sunday, but now I've got my first workshop to prepare for in May. I'll be demonstrating for a group of day care providers in the Twin Cities.

I'm working with my cousin and good friend, Shawn, who is a day care provider, to come up with good, stamp-a-ble projects for kids to do as useful, inexpensive gifts for parents and grandparents. We've decided on the acrylic post-it note project, and on an accordion-fold booklet that can be dressed up with family pictures, a kind of mini-album. It's perfect for national scrapbooking month in May.

I've been playing with the design, and the dimensions of the original piece of card stock are 3" by 9" long, scored at three-inch intervals for folding. This gives you six panels to work with. 

Fold the cardstock into the accordion along the scores. Stamp the front cover with your theme; in my sample, I used "together" from the Define your Life set. As you open it, add other stamps and photos, mounted on a contrasting colored cardstock, to each panel. Reserve the back panel for embellishment and ribbon.

When you've completed the interior panels, fold and flip it to the back. Embellish with flowers, brads, and other fun stuff. Lay a line of adhesive across the back panel, then press an 8-inch piece of ribbon on it, leaving the ends to dangle free. 

Turn the book to the front, and draw the ribbons around to tie in a bow on the front cover, under your stamped theme.

It's simple, cute, and fun as a mini-album for a kid gift.

No comments: